Monday, November 17, 2014

Published Piece


 On September 12th, morning arrived as I got ready for school. I looked outside the window. It was dark with a dim sun.
"We need to get them to school....they shouldn't know," voices were heard from downstairs. I got my bag and jumped down the steps. 
"We'll go after they are at school...," more voices were heard.
"Good morning Mommy!" Dyson was already downstairs and he was awake. He ran to our mom and gave her a hug. I trailed down after him and joined the hug.
"Here are your lunches. Go eat your breakfast," our mom handed us our lunches. 
"Thanks," Dyson and I said in sync.
We ate our breakfast quick. We both ate cereal. 
1 am 9 years old and in 4th grade. My mom is pregnant with my brother, Payce. If it was a girl, her name would be Polly. Our mom told us that it would be a boy when she found out that she was pregnant. We were so happy for her! Now we went to school. Dyson went home early, he wasn't feeling well. When I came off the bus, I started to walk home. I heard calls....,"Aria!" Dyson? No, how could it be Dyson? I turned around. There he was with my grandpa. I ran to the car and got in as soon as possible. 
"So, how come you're picking us up?" I asked.
"You'll see soon enough," our grandfather replied. 
He drove us for what seemed like forever but eventually, we got to or destination. Our destination was the hospital. 
We went inside and waited outside of a room for a little while. The room had a brown door and the floor is covered with white tiles.
The nurse finally let us in the room. Inside the room was our mom. She had covers up to her stomach and was breathing a little more than she usually does.
"Hi sweetie, how was school?" She calmed down quickly and put a smile on her face. She is good under pressure. Especially with us. I am not. 
"Are you okay? Where's the baby? What is the n--" 
"I don't think that she can answer so many questions Dyson," my step dad said. I giggled. 
"I'm fine. But guys, I won't be home for a while," she sounded tired. 
"How come? The baby," I asked. She nodded.
"Oh," I said. I haven't spent much time away for my mom, other than going over my dads for the weekend every two weeks. Since my real parents are divorced but they both got remarried. Now the child that my mom had is Payce. Payce's mother is my mother and his father is my step father. I have a blended family. 
Later on we exited the room and our step dad drove us home. We got all of our homework done and then watched TV. It was pretty boring without our mom around the house. 
After about a week passed, things were very lame around the house. Donny, our step dad took us to the bus stop. When we got to school, Dyson and I took our separate paths to get to our classes. I went over to Sarah to talk to her. Sarah and I have known each other since 1st grade. After school, I went home and I saw someone familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment