Monday, October 6, 2014

Word goal:575 words

Christmas Day is here! I ran down the steps to see my brother rush down right behind me. The Christmas tree lights were flashing and our lawn was full of white, crisp snow. I could play all day! I saw candy canes on our Christmas tree. I grabbed one and peeled the wrapper off slowly. 
"Merry Christmas Aria and Dyson," my mom was full of joy, she always is. That makes me happy. 
"Thanks," I said popping the candy cane in my mouth.
Payce came from around the corner and smiled at us. He was full of joy! He ran up and jumped on me. I grabbed him, a little startled. I hugged him back. I turned around and saw that Dyson had his eyes fixed on the presents. Gifts are his favorite thing.
"Hey Dyson," my mom said," we can do that later."
"Aww. Fine," 
He looked like he was faking his "depression" from not getting to open his gifts. I bit my candy cane in half and started to chew it
"Hey Dyson...do you wanna build a snowman?" I said in tune to the song.
"Sure!"
We got all of our snow gear on. Snow pants? Check. Gloves and boots? Check. Warm layers of jackets? Check. Hats or ear muffs? Check. We were all set for having a wonderful snowman experience! Now we just need to get Payce ready. We went through the checklist with Payce and went to the door. 
"Mom! We're going outside!" Dyson yelled.
"Okay! I'll stay in here," she replied.
 I opened the door, slowly. It moved slowly. I didn't think I was ready for the intense coldness. We walked outside, trying not to struggle in the snow. Payce had the hardest time because it covered a lot of him. First, we gathered some snow. Actually a lot of snow. Payce was having the time of his life, jumping up and down in the snow. We did all of the hard work. 
"Are we done with the base of the snowman?" Dyson put his hands in his pocket.
"I think so," I replied with a calm tone in my voice.
"We should take Payce in. He probably wants a cookie." 
"Cookie please!" Payce had over heard us talking about cookies, which he calls dukies.
We walked back to the door and slid it open in what felt like a millisecond. We got Payce undressed and into his regular clothes. He ran off to our mom saying, "cookie please!" 
Dyson looked at me and I looked at him. We both shared a smile. It's like we were sharing the same thought. 
We shut the door and then the screen door after. We were going to finish our snowman. 
"Ok Dyson, I'll finish the head and you get pebbles and two sticks. Ready? Go!" I was ready. Dyson was too.
I found a clean patch of snow and put it on the top of our headless snowman. I patted it and shaped the form of it. It was starting to look like a snowman! I quickly spotted a small area of some crisp white snow and put it on the snowman. 
"I'm done," I said as Dyson brought the sticks and pebbles. We placed the eyes and the arms. Beautiful. I went inside and grabbed a carrot. I stuck it on our snowman. 
"We're done!" Dyson and I were so happy.
We finished our snowman.








Hdjf

No comments:

Post a Comment